Torrents been an Important Factor for Geeks,Download Freaks for Movies and Music and sometimes Important Softwares etc. Every time we think of downloading such files the first name comes to the mind is Torrent. We just start scrolling the names of Torrent Websites that where we can find search the desired file. But just clicking on the Magnet Link is enough for Proper Downloading of Torrent? If torrents client is not configured properly then they can slower your download speed for a torrent. To utilize the maximum bandwidth of your Internet connection for Downloading Torrents as much fast you can, you should not only Configure Your Client but also some settings in your operating System. So here are a few tips to make Torrent Downloads Faster.
Make Torrent Downloads Faster
- Firewall Exception - Go to the “Firewall Settings” and see the “Exceptions” tab, check whether the box next to Torrent client is Checked with a Tick or not. If not then add one and add your torrent client to the exception. This will make torrent downloads faster slightly.
- Use Specified Torrent Clients - Use torrent Clients with minimum installation size. I prefer using Bittorrent and uTorrent Only. I have seen many other torrent Clients but they did not seem that much efficient to me.
- Preference Settings in Torrent Client – Change the setting under bandwidth section of torrent client’s “Preferences” options. Check there is no limiting for “Global Download Rate limiting.” As there should be “0″ in the option which will signify it to go unlimited and hence maximum bandwidth consumption for downloading torrents. Now check “Global Maximum Number of Connections” and “Maximum Number of Connected Peers per Torrent”. Set values for these two options to the maximum value you can. I have set “50000″ for both.
- Update Trackers - Click on the Properties of the added torrents and Update the trackers every possible time you can.
- Check Download Limits - Check there is no Download Limit set to the added torrents in the list. Make it Unlimited id there is any limit for downloading
- Bandwidth Allocation - Make bandwidth allocation High for the torrent you want to download faster.
- Set Priorities – You can set Priorities for the each torrent listed in the Torrent client. Just set it to “High” for which you want to download faster. Also go to the “File Details” tab at the bottom of the client and make the Files you want to Download first to “High” and others to “Low”.
- Minimize the Upload Speed - Minimizing upload speed will not affect your data, after all Torrent is all about Sharing. But some People make upload speed to “0″, Do Not Do this. The upload speed for the Torrents Must be Minimum “1KB/S”. In case you want to save your data usage Limit.
- Force Downloading - Instead of normal “Start” option go for “Force Start”, this will give a High Priority for Speed and Priority to download the Particular Torrent faster than other downloads. Just Right click on the torrent you want to download faster and click “Force start”.
- Disable Default Downloads – When you are downloading torrents, make AntiVirus’s Automatic Updates options to Manual and Windows “Automatic Updates” off. This will make torrent download faster. As windows always give Priority to Windows Updates First and Antivirus Updates to Second. Also Disable any other such softwares which updates itself in the background.
- Choose a Right Torrent - Always Download a Torrent “with High Seeds/Peers Ratio” or high number of “Seeds” , as Seeds represent the current number of Uploaders and as the number of uploads increase the more amount of data can be exchanged hence more download rate.
- Update Torrent Regularly - Updates Includes regular elimination of Bugs and faults in the Software which might help to increase the Downloading Speed. So never forget to Update the client regularly.
These tips will surely make torrent downloads faster than before. But choosing a Proper torrent is also Necessary, we will discuss it on our blog very soon. So follow these tips and see how it make Torrent Download Faster. Also you can mention your tips if I have missed any.