If you have Jumped to this article then you sure are Tired of sharing Files and Internet Connection over Ethernet Cables and setting up routers for your Laptops. Network Sharing is very common and Important for us nowadays. Whether it’s for playing games or sharing files we Just need the network sharing. So we always try to find an easy way to reduce the work. So why the WiFi is about? So here I will show you how you can Connect Laptops using WiFi without any router or Ethernet Cable.
How to Connect Laptops using WiFi?
Basically you will need two Laptops or a Desktop with WiFI compatibility so they can be connected over a wireless network. We are Going to use Ad Hoc connection system to perform this Task.
What is Ad Hoc Connection?
It is a Temporary connection between wireless devices used for File sharing or playing multiplayer games. You can easily share an Internet or Files over other people in your Ad Hoc network, so that the people in your network will not have to set up their own Internet Connections. As Ad Hoc network can be set up for the only wireless network you must have a Wireless adapter to perform this Task.
How to setup Ad Hoc Connection?
- Click Start and Go to Network and Sharing Center
- Click Set up a connection or network in the Left pane of the Page.
- Now click Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network and click Next.
- Now you will see Give your network a name and choose security options page. You can enter the details as per your requirements.
- Now click Next and You will see a Confirmation Dialog box regarding User Name and Password used for setting up the Ad Hoc network. Now Here you can turn on the Internet Sharing if you want to.
- Now if You want to Share Files over an Ad Hoc network then open Network and Sharing Centre and and See under the Sharing and Discovery. Make sure file sharing and network discovery are on. If not, click the arrow beside each one to expand that section, click the option to turn it on, and then click Apply. If you want to share files by using the Public folder on your computer, turn on public folder sharing as well.
- If you want you can also share Printer with your Friends over the Ad Hoc network.
Connect Laptops using WiFi for Multiplayer Gaming
- Click start, Then select the network and Click Connect
- If you want to Join this Connection later Click Save this Network
- On the Select a location for the network page, click Home or Work. This will automatically turn on network discovery and file sharing.
- Click View computers and devices on the network on the Successfully set network settings page.
Where Can you use this trick to Connect laptops using WiFi without any router?
Basically Two wireless Laptops or a Desktop having Wireless compatibility can be Connected to do Following Tasks
- To Connect Laptops using WiFi to do File sharing -
- To Share Internet Connection with Your Friends.
- To Play Multiplayer Games with Your Friends
- To share the printer over the Wireless Network
This is a very Simple Method for Sharing Files, Internet and Printers to Connect laptops using WiFi without any router, switch or Ethernet cable. Just save the money for the accessories and experience the Power of Wireless network.