Smartphones are common for Every Human Age now. You can see any phone having operating Systems like Android,iOS or Windows in the hands of Teenagers to Adults. Usage of mobiles is increased to such greater extent that a person who does not have a Smartphone is like He/She is a person who does not have Hairs. I know it is kind of odd comparison but it’s the truth. But every coin has its two sides. Usage of Smartphones may have enhanced the life of Humans Being but it also have started reaching personal Lives. What do you do with your Smartphone? You click Photos, record sounds, saves messages and e-mails, even Telebanking. But what if someone hacks into your mobile and Get your all these data files? Sounds horrifying isn’t it? Yes it is! That’s where the factor of security cams. So what if you get a list of Security Apps for every mobile Platform that can keep Mobile and its contents very safe from others. Interesting isn’t it? Yes but before reading you should know that if you are going for security please don’t download any Applications from torrents or use cracked versions Just for the sake of a few bucks. Because most of them are planted with hidden codes and virus to hack your devices. So this is very first and important step of keeping your device safe. So here I am starting the list of security apps for every mobile platform which will keep your mobile and it’s content safe.
1) Security Apps for BlackBerry
- BlackBerry Protect - BlackBerry Protect is a Security Application specially designed for BlackBerry Mobiles which allows BlackBerry users to Backup and Restore specific type of data and wiping/locking data stored in it if it’s stolen or lost. This application also allows to find the lost BlackBerry Smartphone, but for that you have to enable “Locate on Map” feature. I highly recommend you install this App if you are a BlackBerry user.
- Personal Guardian - This is a another BlackBerry security app which has a unique feature of one-push panic button that silently triggers Emergency Number (Or a configured number), Email with location information, SMS text with location information & a Twitter message with location.
- Lock Apps - Lock apps is a password protected application for BlackBerry devices which can protect any Application present in the BlackBerry Device. This is really useful when you want to lock apps like Facebook, Twitter and even Browser and Messages. In short this gives control over all the applications and prevents your data.
- SplashID - SplashID is a BlackBerry password management application which allows users to keep personal sensitive data such as User ID’s, passwords, Credit Card’s information. This application is great against Keyloggers and Phishing attacks which provides great reliability.
Security Apps for every mobile platform have some common and uncommon features depending upon their requirements and inner configurations. But that does not differentiate the vendors. Sometimes same vendors can manufacture apps for different Mobile Platforms So here goes another list of security apps for iOS
2) Security Apps for iOS
- SnapSecure - SnapSecure is a free app for iOS which allows Locating your lost or stolen iOS device, Allow friends to track your Smartphone, notifies when an unregistered SIM Card is used etc. There is also a paid PRO Version of the App which has the features like Blocking unwanted calls and emails, Setting up scheduled scans to detect malware, Scheduling daily, weekly, or monthly backup, Migrating data between platforms & Remotely wiping personal data. This app is also available on BlackBerry and Android devices.
- Intego VirusBarrier - VirusBarrier can be used to scan for the malicious content present in your iPhone. It scans for all the content downloaded such as e-mail attachments or files downloaded from the web.
- LookOut Mobile Security - LookOut Mobile Security is another iOS app which protects your device from malwares and spywares, trace lost device and backup your important data. This is an all in one security app for iOS which is absolutely FREE.
- iLocalis - To install you have to Jailbreak your iOS device. iLocalis does more than just tracing. It can remotely send commands to your device like placing calls or deleting data.
Security apps for every mobile platform are quite alike by their features. Like password storing or location tracking. But that does not mean that they are same. Two bread selling companies cannot give breads of same quality. Now let’s turn towards the security apps for Android Mobile Platforms.
3) Security Apps for Android
- KeepSafe - KeepSafe is an Android app which can be used to protect your personal photos in a locker protected by a unique PIN set by the user. This app has one more unique feature called as “Fake Pin”. If you go to the settings and activate Fake Pin, then you will get another locker. Now if your Parents or Friends insists to show what locker really has locked, just enter the fake pin and tell them that you just installed it to see what it can do. All they will see is a blank Folder.
- KMS (Kasperskey Mobile Security) - This one is very famous antivirus software Provider for PC’s. And now they have released KMS for Android users. This app can Filter your SMS and Calls, Hide your Contact lists, Trace Location of your mobile if lost and last and most Important it is an AntiVirus software. So this one is an all in one Android Security App.
- BullGuard Mobile Security - This one is the another security app with Parental Control feature. It also has AntiVirus Support, GPS tracing and Backup features.
- iHound - It is great for families and includes various tracking tools, yet it is also a great tool for protecting your device. iHound can use your phone’s GPS to track your device and report its location. It includes an alarm that can be set off via a push notification and heard even when the device is silent. If you use this on an Android device, you can also remotely wipe your data and lock your device.
Now which Platform are we missing? Have we finished all security apps for every Platform? NO. Windows for Mobile is still remaining. So let me list them for you.
4) Security Apps for Windows Mobile
- NQ Mobile Security - This security app protects your windows phones against all the Malware and Spyware attacks. This app also has a backup feature. It also gives you hints to optimize your Mobile for security. It is a complete antivirus package which you should must give a try.
- Lock and Hide - Lock and Hide is a windows mobile app which can be used to provide a protected vault to your Personal Photos.
- Best Phone Security - Simply activate the alarm and catch nosey friends and family red handed! The best part is that when the intruders enter in a wrong password, the intruder’s location will be stored. There will be no denying the intrusion!
- MobiSafe - You can use MobiSafe to add an account, take photo, record sound, camcorder video and write notes. this data will be saved in MobiSafe safely, only you can review or modify these protected information.
These are 16 applications (4 for each platform) which can be configured easily and hence with this list you can secure any mobile device as per your requirements.